Click to Call
The Wurzel Agency

1942 W County Road 419, Suite 1000,
Oviedo, FL 32766

Get Directions


Who do I call if I have general questions about my policy?

The first person you should contact is us, your insurance agent. We should be able to answer any questions you may have.

Who do I call if I have a claim?

We prefer that you contact us first so we can assist you in the claims process, but you can also contact your insurance company’s claims department directly to file a claim. The company’s claims department is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, where we are not. If you do decide to file a claim after hours without contacting us first, please let us know so we can follow up with you and make sure your claims experience is a smooth one.

What should I expect after reporting my claim?

After your claim has been submitted to the company, you will receive a call from a claims adjuster within 24 hours for regular business and within 48 hours for catastrophe. Please give us a call if you have not received a call from the adjuster within that time frame so we can assist you in getting you in touch.

What can I do to expedite the claims process?

Be prepared to provide your claims adjuster with a good description and photos of the damages to your property. Make sure we have your current contact information—phone number, email, etc.—to contact you when necessary. Keep receipts for any temporary repairs or additional costs you incur and submit them to your adjuster for consideration.

What is a Public Adjuster and do I need to hire one?

A public adjuster may contact you shortly after a loss to solicit assistance with your claim. Public adjusters are independent claim adjusters and are not associated in any way with your insurance company. For their services, public adjusters will charge you a fee based on the total value of your settlement. These fees may be considerable and are not necessarily reimbursable under your policy. Before hiring a public adjuster, give us a call so we can advise you if their fees are reimbursable or not. In our experience, the companies we represent employee experience claims representatives that are there to assist you and help you through the process.

My mortgage company pays my home insurance policy from my escrow account, why am I receiving a bill?

You are the named insured and it is your policy, therefore your insurance company will send you a copy of the bill they have sent to your mortgage company. As your agent, we follow up to make sure your mortgage company will pay the renewal premium, and we encourage you to do the same since it is your policy.

Will my homeowner’s policy coverage damage caused by flood?

Typically, a homeowner’s policy does not cover damage cause by flood or naturally rising water. However, we have a number of companies that offer flood insurance. Ask us for a free flood quote.

Do I need flood insurance if I do not live in a flood zone?

First, everyone in Florida lives in a flood zone. You just may not live in a mandatory flood zone where your lender requires you to carry the coverage. And yes, everyone that lives in a flood zone needs flood insurance. Flood is the #1 natural disaster in America. In fact, 33% of all flood claims occur in the low to moderate risk flood zones, which do not mandate flood insurance. Ask us for a free flood quote.

How much homeowner’s insurance coverage do I need?

Your “Coverage A” dwelling limit is the amount of coverage needed to rebuild your home in the event of a total loss, not the market value or taxable value. In order to determine this, we use a replacement cost estimator tool to determine the amount of coverage your specific home needs so you are insured at replacement cost and can rebuild your home exactly how it is in the unfortunate case you suffer a total loss.

If my property is vacant, do I need to tell you?

Yes. You are obliged to inform us of any change in occupancy. Vacant homes present an increased hazard and certain caused of loss are no longer covered, such as vandalism and water damage. If your home is vacant, let us know and we can help you find appropriate coverage to cover your home.

I have water in my house. What should I do?

Please attempt to turn off the water supply at the main shut off valve. After that, call us or your insurance company immediately to report the claim. Either your insurance company or we will make immediate arrangements for emergency repair services to get you on the way to recovery. It is important to read all service agreements and contracts, and contact your claims representative, before entering into an agreement for repairs. Some contracts may contain provisions that assign your rights and benefits to other parties, or that possibly make you personally responsible for repair costs.

What should I do if I have damage to my house?

Call your insurance company or us immediately to report the claim. Then, take immediate measures to protect your property from further damage. This includes, but is not limited to, boarding up broken windows, moving furniture to prevent damage, removing limbs from the roof, and protecting the roof to prevent additional interior damage. Keep all receipts for any emergency repair costs that you incur, and then provide copies to your claims adjuster. If you can safely do so, take photos of the damage to show to the adjuster.

What should I do if my mortgage company is listed on my claims check?

If your mortgage company is listed on your policy as an additional interest, then they will be listed on your claims check as a payee. Contact your mortgage company to arrange for their endorsement of the check so it can be deposited.

What is force-placed insurance?

Force-placed insurance, also known as lender-placed insurance, is an insurance policy placed by a bank or mortgage service on a home when the homeowners’ own property insurance may have lapsed or where the bank deems the insurance policy insufficient. All mortgages require borrowers to maintain adequate homeowners insurance on their property, and if the homeowner fails to maintain the coverage, the lender will purchase insurance for the home and “force-place” it. Typically, these policies are between 3-5 times more expensive than a standard homeowners policy and offer no coverage to the homeowner in the form of personal liability, personal property, or any additional living expenses as a result of the loss. If you have force-placed insurance coverage, call us immediately for a free quote.

What we offer

Watch Robert Wurzel's Video

Free Downloads

The Wurzel Insurance Agency eBook The Wurzel Insurance Agency eBook


  • Florida

Our Trusted Partners

  • AAA
  • American General Life
  • American Strategic
  • Assurity
  • Banner Life
  • Capitol Preferred
  • Chubb
  • Citizens
  • Federated National
  • Foremost
  • John Hancock
  • Mercury
  • Metlife
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Prudential
  • Safeco
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
  • TypTap Flood
  • Universal P&C